We had such a great Christmas! Jeff and I feel like little kids again! Santa is back! I LOVE watching other people open their gifts. In fact, watching other people open gifts is almost more fun to me than opening my own. I especially love seeing the joy on kids faces. Even though Landon is so young, Jeff and I both agreed that kids at Christmas really bring out the kid in yourself. We spent this Christmas in DC, and got to spend time with Jeff's brother and sister-in-law, and their two cute kids Jake and Lauren. Landon had lots of fun hanging out with his cousins. I have a couple pictures here with them. We also hung out with some extended family - Jeff's sister-in-law's brother, and his wife and kids. Did you follow that? If not, we'll just call them by name: Allan and Alice, and their cute kids Sara, Sam and Kathryn. We all had a gread time. Jeff's family is very generous and we both got lots of great gifts, but one of the coolest gifts was a Segway tour of DC from Jeff's parents! Even though it was very cold, and it rained for part of the time, we had so much fun riding the Segways. I have some pictures from our tour as well. Now, not to turn all scrooge-like on this blog, but Jeff and I really didn't buy Landon many gifts. We bought a few musical instruments like the ones we use in our music class, and some books. That's literally it. He got lots of gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, Nana and Papa, aunts and uncles, and friends. So many, in fact that we rationed them out and just finished opening days after we got back on the 27th. It was almost overwhelming! On one hand, we felt a little sad not buying our sweet boy lots of fun first Christmas presents, but on the other hand - wow, when is it all just too much?! Especially considering one of his favorite toys is literally an old oatmeal cylinder that we put toys in and shake around. He loves taking the toys out and putting them back in again. Hmm...a really expensive plastic, noisy toy, or a recycled cardborad oatmeal cylinder? I can tell you which one I prefer without much hesitation. Anyway, 2007 was a complete success, I'd say! We have a happy, healthy baby boy, and Jeff and I couldn't be happier. Well, we might be happier with a few more hours in the day, but even Santa can't leave that for us under the tree.
Lauren and Landon making bea-u-ti-ful music together
Jeff and me at the Capitol
cousins Jake, Landon, and Lauren
with Grandma and Grandpa
cousins are fun
No comments:
Post a Comment