Landon loves to stand. He will hold out his little hands, grab on to your fingers, and pull with all his might to get himself into a standing position. Once there, a grin the size of Texas spreads across his face and he promptly lets go of one finger. It's like the baby version of bull riding. One hand up in the air, one hand firmly gripping my hand, or his daddy's, or the table, or whatever will hold still long enough for him to hang on. Then he wobbles around a bit in the standing position. He's started to add some additional brave feats including: bouncing to music, and for a brief moment or two he will even let go of the other hand. It's all fun and games for all of us now, but Jeff and I have no idea what we are getting ourselves into once he is walking.
On one hand I love watching all the new things he is learning. For instance, a few weeks ago, let's say Landon is playing with a ball that drops and rolls behind him. In his head it was like that ball just fell into a bottomless pit never to return again. He'd simply turn and pick up another toy that was close by. Now, the clever little thing will turn and look to see where the ball went. There is a fancy name for this new-found talent, and while I know every baby eventually learns this, I can't help but be so proud. And the cheerios that he has started to eat...well, he now gets about 3 out of 5 actually in his mouth and swallows them. Just last week his CIM (cheerio in mouth) average was way worse....about 1 in 20 to be exact.
While I'm so excited about all the new things he is accomplishing, I can't help but miss that tiny little baby I brought home from the hospital just a little bit. I can hardly get him to sit still long enought to get a snuggle in. But I don't have time to miss that tiny baby, we've got standing to practice and for now, Landon still needs at least one of my hands for that.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness ... when did he start holding up his head -- let alone stand??? Didn't I just see him a few short months ago. Congrats on all the fun to come!
Enjoy all these learning moments.. because soon enough he will be walking, running and then talking! Oh how I miss the days when they were content by a ball rolling across the room!
Post a Comment