I never knew feeding my child would ever be something that would stress me out. Landon is very into self-feeding now, and pretty much refuses to let a spoon in my hand come near his mouth. Even if that spoon has yummy yogurt on it, he bats it away like it's toxic waste. Now, don't get me wrong, he's pretty efficient at getting food into his mouth with his hands, but he eats such small bites, and seems to get bored of it before he's had very much. I am so worried that he isn't getting enough to eat. Also, with the few teeth that he has, his diet is a little limited to soft-smooshy-ish things. Jeff and I had steak for dinner tonight. How do I make this baby-friendly? So, Little L had some chicken, peas, and some diced pear. Oh, and a little hot dog left over from lunch. De-lish.
We've recently tried letting him spoon-feed himself. Armed with full body bib, and a nifty little bowl that suction-cups onto his high chair tray, we were ready to try letting him spoon some applesauce into his own mouth. He definitely gets it, and can even succesfully get the applesauce in his mouth, but he really wants to put his hands in it. He's got a devilish little laugh that goes with putting his hands in the applesauce. It's fun, but exhausting, and I don't have the patience to let this go on for too long. Another fun tidbit...he's favoring his LEFT hand. I love the lefties! For some reason this makes me so happy! Maybe because it's a little unique.
On another note, do other parents have trouble getting through a meal without talking about something disgusting? For some reason, Jeff and I seem to save our poo discussions to only come up at dinner. Why is this? I'm making a conscious effort to put an end to this.
Little L's birthday is coming up in just over a month! I can't believe I'm going to be the mother of a one-year-old! I'm currently trying to come up with some cute favor to give the two-foot-taller's coming to his party. I can't wait to let Landon try cake for the first time, and this will be one time that I'll be happy to let him put his hands in it. I can just hear his little laugh now.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, you will be no longer able to talk about anything significant except for all bodily habits and baby behaviors. One of those nasty little bits of being parents. Have fun reaching the stage of naked eating... we used to strip Taylor down to her diaper, let her fed herself, and off to bed. And she is a lefty too :)
Post a Comment