It's so strange reading these old posts because Landon seems SO much bigger now. I have decided that I should not let laziness take over me, so I'm giving this another go.
Landon is now 19 months which is incredibly hard for me to believe. I really don't know where the time is going. He is growing so fast that when I stop to really think about it, I just want to scream STOP and make time stand still for a while. I try to remember that when I feel like sticking hot pokers in my eyes would be less aggrivating than trying to get him to eat, or when he's just dumped dog food on the floor. As frustrating as it is, I'm really am just so happy to be his mom.
Because our economy is tanking, I've recently been searching for ways to save our family some money. Much of Landon's wardrobe is lovingly handed down from his cousin Jake, and much more is purchased from eBay (one of my new favorite obsessions), or consignment sales. We'll be purchasing a train table from Craig's List for Christmas because my theory is that Landon will not have any less fun with a gently used toy than he will a brand-spanking-twice-as-expensive new toy. So, with cost-consciousness on my brain, I've decided to really try to make my coupons work at the grocery store. Now, I've always been a coupon clipper, and I really do use them pretty regularly. But recently I've heard several women on television who claim that they go to the grocery store, and purchase hundreds of dollars worth of groceries and only end up actually spending thirty bucks because of coupons! I was really skeptical of this, and also very intrigued. I would like to achieve that kind of coupon satisfaction. I live for stores who print the total of your savings at the bottom of your receipt. It somehow justifies me spending a ridiculous amount of money to have our family's picture taken. (Really, is a $150 sitting fee necessary?!). Anyway, I have never experienced this kind of coupon heaven, but in my head it is almost as satisfying as sex.
So, today, armed with my arsenal of coupons I headed to the store on triple coupon day, and I wanted to call every person I knew when I got my receipt. I SAVED $99! IN COUPONS! IN ONE TRIP TO THE GROCERY STORE!
I mean, I still spent almost $200, but let's focus on the positive aspects of this new hobby.
And I think it will be a good new hobby, but then, I thought that blogging would be a good hobby, too, and you see how well I've kept that up.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, you're back! Great to see you blogging again and LOVE your update!!!
Post a Comment